CORE’s support team has significant experience submitting and managing trademark records within the Trademark Clearinghouse. They are prepared to provide quick accurate advice on complex cases.
Advantages of CORE’s Trademark Clearinghouse Service
- Start-up costs saving: It saves the costs associated with the Trademark Clearinghouse accreditation process (e.g. a deposit wire transfer of USD 15,000), as well as the costs for implementing direct access to the Trademark Clearinghouse database.
- Specialized professional support: Our Trademark Clearinghouse Service support team has significant experience submitting and managing trademark records within the Trademark Clearinghouse. They are prepared to provide quick accurate advice on complex cases.
- Cost-effective: very competitive prices.
COREhub staff is a group of highly qualified people with more than 20 years of experience in all areas of the domain name industry, including operational, legal and policy.
We can help your company in the following matters:
- Becoming an ICANN Accredited registrar (2013 RAA)
- ICANN Accredited Registrars compliance, including:
- Assistance on specific ICANN compliance cases
- Support during ICANN audit procedures
- Drafting of agreements and legal notices (such as registration agreements, reseller agreements, mandatory notices to registrants, etc.)
- Representation before ICANN (e.g. to obtain a specific waiver of the RAA)
- Legal, policy and operational advice on domain name transfer and recovery
- Trademark protection
- Representation in legal and arbitration procedures involving domain names, such as:
- Transfer Procedures
- Other Arbitration Procedures
Why submitting trademarks to the Trademark Clearinghouse
- Sunrise Priority Service: Every new gTLD is required to organize a Sunrise Period of at least 30 days before domain names are offered to the general public. By Registering a trademarks into the TMCH, its Trademark Holder earns the right to take advantage of this priority-registration period called Sunrise to safeguard the domain name that matches their trademark ahead of wider availability. To be able to participate in any of Sunrise Periods You only have to register your trademark record once.
- Trademark Claims Service: It is a notification service mandated by ICANN for all new gTLDs to warn both domain name registrants as well as trademark holders of possible infringements. The service works as follows:
- A potential domain name registrant gets a warning notice when attempting to register a domain name that matches a trademark term in the TMCH.
- If, after receiving and accepting the notice, the domain name registrant does continue to register the domain name, the trademark holder with a corresponding mark in the Clearinghouse receives a notification of the domain name registration, so they can take any appropriate action if they would like to.
- This notification service is mandated by ICANN for all new gTLDs for their first 90 days of general availability. After the 90-day period, TMCH-clients benefit from the Ongoing Notifications at no extra cost.